Senior FRM Analyst
- Cargill Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 2300 Competitive
- Posted: 04 Jan 2019
* Position Summary:
- This position is responsible to monitor commodity, FX, and counterparty exposures.
- This includes developing and deploying the plan to create country-wide processes to manage controls, reporting, and providing decision support specific to the financial risk processes including commodity, foreign exchange, counterparty, and contract valuation.
- With primary focus on commodity risk and foreign exchange risk compliance, controls, and reporting, this position supports the FRM Lead and be a partner with commercial and business teams to deliver key controls, compliance, data, and reports timely and accurately.
- As for counterparty risk, this position will perform counterparty credit assessment, counterparty risk exposure monitoring/control in effective/ efficient. Activities include account management, maintaining data, counterparty portfolio relations, and reporting.
* Main Responsibilities:
70% - Analysis & Reporting for:Commodity and FX Position Monitoring
- Perform independent credit assessment on limit requests for current or new counterparty
- Conduct analysis on trade-related risks (of medium to high complexity) and partner with Sr Traders and other relevant functions teams to identify, analyze, and include relevant risks on the position report.
- Validate and analyze the position reports for commodity, foreign exchange, and counterparty risks that are distributed to the multiple Senior stakeholders involved including trading team, the commercial team, other Finance functions.
- Ensure positions and daily P&L is updated accurately and able to explain underlying medium to high complexity reason for movements.
- Ensure compliance, specifically with risk reporting and contract structuring and valuation.
- Identify and implement process simplification, standardization and automatization on position reporting to improve effectiveness and efficiency in the following areas: Credit assessment, Limits setting, Exposure monitoring/ reporting, AR collections, Past due monitoring & control and Contract validation & timely entry into ERP system.
- Manage other ad hoc reports/ requests.
30% - Business Partnering
- Provide risk mitigation solutions and facilitate various risk discussions with business teams and leaders while keeping in mind the growth/ expansion of business.
- With limited oversight, communicates issues appropriately with relevant internal and external partners.
- Collaborates with senior management and the business team’s liaison to identify root causes of disputes and propose solutions.
- Partner with trading in providing explanations to trading activities impacting the business P&L.
- Create a culture of cooperation and maintain a sound communication between the commercial teams.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- University graduate. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Banking
- Minimum 5 years of finance and banking experience.
- Strong accounting experience with technical knowledge in Commodity, Forex and Counterparty risk.
- Strong Learning and execution agility to understand new derivative products, trading strategies and business model.
- Demonstrated change agility.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understanding of derivative products.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and use technology to improve process and control.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Business level of English Proficiency, both written and verbal.
Preferred Required Qualifications
- Experience in Commodity trading business.
- Experience with Corporate Banking or FX trading will be a plus
- Proficient knowledge in current business financial processes and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to create a team culture of continuous improvement, process optimization and intellectual curiosity.
- Understanding and experience working with JDE, SAP, and Lynx.
About Cargill Vietnam
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.