Shipment Execution Specialist - North
- Cargill Vietnam , Ha Noi - Hung Yen - Vietnam
- 1500 Competitive
- Posted: 06 Aug 2019
Provides distribution, transportation, and logistical solutions on outbound movement of products from origin to destination. With limited supervision, executes order scheduling and logistics activities that support the supply chain in one or more of the following areas:
- Establishes strong working relationships with Cargill carrier operators and with outside carrier owners/operators.
- Determine the best approved carrier for executing certain commodity contract in accordance with the distance covered and the freight rate. Contacts local Cargill approved carriers in order to confirm availability and capacity for individual shipments.
- Provides all necessary booking information/shipment information to freight carrier and receive and record confirmation that carrier has accepted each shipment.
- Provides timely communication with carrier owners and operators, terminals, and maintains daily operational contact with clients and carriers on order/shipment information
- Contacts the sourcing team when there is no approved carrier for a shipment, or where the approved carriers do not have capacity for a shipment.
- Operates within the transport strategy and resolves day to day issues in resourceful and effective ways and provides recommendations to support improved or cost-beneficial transport movements.
- Monitors the status of the loading and shipment and performs track and trace activities to confirm status of shipment throughout the shipment execution process
- Provides updates on shipment planning status to business unit supply chain people as required or requested.
- Follow up with the execution of the shipments
- Addresses service incidents and prioritizes activities and takes fast decisions to cope with a lot of variations due to – change in pick up location, bad quality of a product, denial of a customer to receive a commodity, re-routing of a travelling truck.
- Maximizes efficiencies and effectiveness by leveraging relationships with other colleagues and offices, and provides timely information to sales, customer service, operations, management and material handling providers to assist with order/shipment changes to optimise costs and service.
- Identifies/recommends improvement opportunities between logistics service providers and the business.
- Using comprehensive knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry, makes recommendations according to that knowledge and past experience to provide business partnership.
- Provides information about shipment execution with the Freight Audit and Payment employees in order to help them resolve issues regarding payments, invoices, demurrages.
- Keeps clear track of all papers and documents proving the execution of the shipment and archives them accordingly.
- Receives and validates incoming invoices for transport to meet contract and legal requirements.
- Collects documentation related to the transport and performs check for discrepancies.
- Receives, analyses and accepts/rejects extra costs related to the transport. Communicates with freight carrier and business unit supply chain team members to resolve carrier requests for demurrage costs, additional charges, etc.
- Handles and tracks claims coming from both Bus and carriers in cases of innon-compliance with the freight contracts requirements.
- Daily KPI reporting and execution of improvement process with the team locally.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required
- Keeps clear record of all received papers and archives them accordingly
- Provides scanned papers to the BU within short deadlines
- Working in a large open office service-oriented environment
- Flexible working schedule
- Some travel may be required for onboarding (2-4 weeks)
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor in related department
- 3-5 years experience in a Transportation or Forwarder role
- Experience in transport forwarding provider or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with advance MS Excel spreadsheet data extraction
- Experience managing multiple priorities and tasks daily
- Computer literacy. Knowledge of TMS required.
- Fluency in English written and verbal communication
- Intermediate knowledge of transportation & logistic market and carriers
- Good understanding of supply chain processes
- Good understanding of business functions, focused on cost and budget controls
- Systemic approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ability to set priorities and organise work
- Strong communication, listening and presentation skills
- Open to change and continuous improvement focused
- Team oriented mindset
- To be able to work under pressure and in fast changing environment
About Cargill Vietnam
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Search more jobs
- Jobs at Cargill Vietnam
- Purchasing/Supply Chain Jobs
- Purchasing/Supply Chain Jobs in Ha Noi
- Purchasing/Supply Chain Jobs in Hung Yen
- Other Jobs
- Other Jobs in Ha Noi
- Other Jobs in Hung Yen
- Warehouse Jobs
- Warehouse Jobs in Ha Noi
- Warehouse Jobs in Hung Yen
- Agriculture/Forestry Jobs
- Agriculture/Forestry Jobs in Ha Noi
- Agriculture/Forestry Jobs in Hung Yen
- Freight/Logistics Jobs
- Freight/Logistics Jobs in Ha Noi
- Freight/Logistics Jobs in Hung Yen