Strategic Marketing Lead
- Cargill Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 9000 Competitive
- Posted: 05 Apr 2019
*** Lead Business Strategy for Growth:
- Leads the local business strategy development focusing on Where to Play, How to Win, M&A, and Capabilities to meet business growth targets
- Influences without authority and partner as part of the local leadership team to influence the culture and behaviors to ensure strategic change is embraced and successful execution is accomplished
- Applies the Cargill Strategic Marketing framework to assist the business in delivering on its strategy
- Helps develop the CFM Vietnam M&A gameboard
- Sponsors and supports excellent project execution by leveraging CAN’s Customer-Focused Development (CFD) guidelines to build strong project management expertise in local team
*** Brings Customer Focus to the Organization:
- Leads the customer segmentation process to ensure understanding of customers’ unmet needs and creation of offering and capabilities that meet or exceed local customer segments needs
- Creates and implement an annual quantitative customer satisfaction assessment to consistently measure customer health
- Brings an outside view into the organization by exhibiting a deep understanding of customers, competitors, and marketplace trends
- Creates metrics to ensure value-driven, reliable, trusted offerings (products, services, technical advice) are provided to customers
- Shares knowledge broadly to the industry which enhances CAN’s position with customers as an industry thought leader.
- Understands and applies the key principles of the Cargill Sales Framework
- Develops a network with customers and influencers and leverage it for mutual benefits
*** Coordinate the deployment of Innovation Offerings and Capabilities:
- Establishes a formal innovation pipeline in collaboration with TAMs that includes projects from Global SMT that have local application and also identifies local projects that may have global application
- Leads the development of comprehensive strategic marketing plans that deliver offerings and capabilities in line with the business’ strategy
- Creates objective metrics to ensure the innovation pipeline projects are creating value according to strategic marketing plans and helping the business achieving its strategy
- Aligns with the commercial/sales director to lead the tactical execution of marketing plans through go-to-market efforts, branding, and internal/external communications
- Protects and enhances CAN´s reputation and brands
- Clearly define products and solutions positioning together the TAMs. Make clear all attributes that support the benefits and value propostion.
- Coordinate NPSS (new product, service & solution) launching for the specie
- Participates and/or leads specie priority projects
- Portfolio analysis, its competitiveness and product life cycle evaluations.
*** Be accountable for results:
- Drives a value based pricing culture and capabilities to measure value delivered and captured; challenges the business on new ways to create and capture value
- Measures and manages product mix portfolio to maximize results
- Applies business and financial acumen to influence business with portfolio of products, services, and customers
- Develops effective, easy to implement go-to-market plans that guide commercial teams to deliver results
*** Identify & Develop Talent:
- Completes a strategic workforce plan for marketing and communications. Define/revise position requirements, assess talent, and implement changes to drive a world class organization.
- Builds and sustains high performance marketing and communications teams that work effectively together, including identifying and developing current and future talent
- Facilitates collaboration and engagement between local team and regional leaders
- Ensures organization has a clear view of key required capabilities, its gaps and a plan to build them (development plan for all sales and technical service team)
- Ensure that your area of influence is aligned with Cargill Guiding Principles, mission, values and goals, Anti-Competitive practices and regulatory compliance.
- Provide leadership to your area of influence to ensure a safe working environment so every employee returns home safely.
- Develop strong connection within local sales team, TAMs & CFN Vietnam resources. Create an environment that promotes a high performance team with a “can do” attitude. Alignment with the culture of continuous improvement and meritocracy.
- 10+ years previous professional experience.
- Strong leadership skills, team building, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must have sense of prioritization, urgency and entrepreneurial proven track records
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, influence and lead change
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Execution track records
- Understand customer value creation to be aligned with company’s competitive positioning
About Cargill Vietnam
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.